BRQG MONTHLY MEETING
APRIL 22, 2019
BEECHWOOD CHURCH – HOLLAND, MI
Vice President, Betsy Muir, opened the meeting at 7:02 pm.
Six guests were welcomed and introduced.
Kathy Ryzenga shared information about upcoming events:
May – No meeting
June 24 & 25 – Mary M. Hogan – Workshop and lecture on String Quilting. There is still space in the class. See the website for registration forms.
July 22 – Sew In – Beechwood Lodge
August 26 – Jane Sassaman demonstration and lecture.
Betsy announced that the First Annual Retreat was a big success and there are still a few openings for next year, March 24, 25, 26, 2020.
The theme for the evening was Schoolhouse Demonstrations. Five members were the teachers who gave the following demonstrations:
1. Kathy Ryzenga – Quilt as you go
2. Betsy Muir and Kris Kennedy – New ruler from QuiltCon (Needle in a Hayes stack)
3. Carol Vinnedge — Clothesline Baskets
4. Carmen Smith — Maintaining your sewing machine
5. Barb Freeland — Working with triangles
A dozen charity quilts were handed in at the meeting. Thanks to all who donated these colorful quilts!
Following Show & Tell and door prizes, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Sally Zenas, Acting Secretary