2021 Meetings, Programs and Fun Events:
Who: Members (and friends of quilting)
What: Monthly meeting PLUS a program with Kathy Jones from New Era, MI, who will share her trunk show, “Mixing It Up”, which reflects her world travels.
When: Monday, July 19, 6:30 pm social time, 7 pm meeting and program
Where: Tiara Yachts, 725 E 40th St, Holland, MI 49423 (enter from 40th St., park in the lot–yes, even in the “reserved” spots…). We will be meeting indoors, so you do NOT need to bring a chair! Bring a water bottle (or whatever) if you’d like a beverage during the evening.
Why: Because you LOVE quilting and are anxious to learn more!
How (much): Program is free for members, $5 for guests.
Other Things to Know:
- Show ‘n Tell: We will have time set aside for show ‘n tell on Monday, and because we KNOW everyone has much to share, please bring only one or two of your recent projects–we will keep chipping away at this until we’ve caught up on everyone’s hard work!
- Paper Pieced “Sisterhood” blocks: Patterns and directions will be available, one per person, at the meeting so that everyone has the chance to make a contribution to our quilt! (It’s so cute!!!)
- Virtual Quilt Show: The Lighthouse Quilt Guild is showing their quilts this year online as part of the Coast Guard Festival and will not be doing an in-person show. Please enjoy scrolling through the show this year by going to Lighthousequilters.org and clicking on the link on the front page. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite 3! (Note: this show is not yet live, but appears to align with the Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven, July 30-August 8.)
- Placemats for Meals on Wheels: Click Here for an info sheet with the particulars, shared at our last meeting. Pressing Matters Quilt Shop has kindly agreed to act as our drop-off spot for placemats and has already received some finished placemats! Thank you to Pressing Matters and to the early quilters for their submissions!
- Rayna Gillman visits. This nationally recognized teacher will offer a lecture and two classes during her time with us!
- The registration form is attached for classes. We welcome you to sign up for a class (or two) to take advantage of this learning opportunity! The classes and lecture have been opened to others outside our guild at this time.
- Monday, August 16–“What If?”, a lecture during our meeting time
- Tuesday, August 17–“No Strings Attached”, a full-day workshop
- Wednesday, August 18–“Cinderella Quilts”, a full-day workshop
- All events will be held at Tiara Yachts.
Ann Loveless – Lecture “Landscape Art Quilts”.
2021 Member Quilt Gallery. Photos of your projects will be posted on the Big Red Quilters’ Guild website, kicking off our 2021 Members Gallery. Please plan to email photos of your work after the meeting, including any other projects you would like to share to Janet.
Retreat update: We have a couple of spots open for our September 21-23 guild retreat at Tiara’s Corporate Center on Lake Macatawa. If you are interested in joining us, contact Barb Bredemeier for details at 626 212-6078 or email@example.com .
We welcome your suggestions for future programs and teachers.
Find us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigredquiltersguild/