2022 Meetings, Programs and Fun Events:
Jenny Kae Parks, from Littleton, Colorado, a nationally-published designer, popular instructor and video host for Quiltmaker Magazine, Craft U and Fons and Porter will bring laughter and confidence to our guild as she presents a Zoom lecture, Color Courage for the Fabric-Phobic.
- The meeting will be held at Tiara Yachts (725 E 40th St, Holland, MI 49423)
- Doors open to members at 6:30 pm for gathering time; program begins promptly at 7:00 pm.
- Parking is available in Tiara’s front/guest parking lot. Because the spots are not marked, please be thoughtful when you park so that we can be efficient with the space we have. (When you’re parking, aim for that “just right” distance between cars…not too close and not too far, but “just right”.)
- Overflow parking is available in the Tiara lot off of 40th Street. There is a sidewalk from the parking lot around the building to the front, though we expect to have a very kind person at the back door to give back door access. Follow the path from the rear lot to the door on the east side of the building. Note: Door will be open/attended from 6:30 to 7 and after the meeting for exit.
- Our speaker will be joining us via Zoom on the big screen in the meeting room. We hope you will join us to take full advantage of the chance to participate in our business meeting, to share in Show ‘n Tell, to drop off your latest charity quilt project, but most importantly, to visit with fellow quilters and members of your Big Red Quilters’ Guild!
Sherri Fandrich, from Gentry, Arkansas, will present a lecture/trunk show “Journey of a Quilter”.
French Applique class with Sherri Fandrich – Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Don’t miss the chance to learn this beautiful technique!
Susan Cleveland, from West Concord, Minnesota, lecture and class – Join with one of the world’s most enthusiastic award winning quilters with your pen and notebook for a daylong class full of information. The class will be held in the Tiara Yachts showroom, 725 E 40th Street, Holland, MI 49423. The cost is $25 for members and $40 for non-members. Your registration form is HERE.
9:00 – noon Precision and Panache
1:00 – 4:00 Dynamic Dresdens
You will be in for a good time, lots of laughter, and a plethora of tips to increase accuracy and add interesting details to your quilts at her evening trunk show. If you are not a member, the guest fee that evening will be $10.
7:00 pm My Eclectic Quilt Pageant lecture/trunk show
September 27 ,28 and 29
Another Big Red Quilters’ Guild Retreat! If you’ve attended in the past, you know how great the retreats are. If you haven’t attended yet, get signed up to experience a fun filled three days stitching with friends! Please include only your $25 non-refundable deposit at this time. The balance will be due at a later date.
Cindy Phillip “Tales of an Eclectic Quilter” trunk show
Make & Take – Log Cabin Ornament/Wreath table topper pattern with Snow & Tell focused on Log Cabin inspired quilts.
Ongoing Guild Projects
- Paper Pieced “Sisterhood” blocks: Patterns and directions will be available, one per person, at the meeting so that everyone has the chance to make a contribution to our quilt! (It’s so cute!!!) We still need more!
2021 Member Quilt Gallery. Photos of your projects will be posted on the Big Red Quilters’ Guild website, kicking off our 2021 Members Gallery. Please plan to email photos of your work after the meeting, including any other projects you would like to share to Janet.
We welcome your suggestions for future programs and teachers.
Find us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigredquiltersguild/