April 2023 Show N Tell
This gallery contains 9 photos.
February 20, 2023 member show and tell
February 20, 2023 meeting showing the beautiful quilts of Julie Clason
Amazing hand embroidery and quilting on these quilts. Lots of wool and found items on these quilts. Pictures do not do them justice!
June 20 2022 Show n Tell
2021 July Meeting Show N Tell
Photos by Ann Prins
2021 July meeting Photos
Photos taken by Ann Prins of quilts shown by our program presenter, Cathy Jones.
2021 June Meeting Photos
Pictures taken by Ann Prins.
2021 April 19 meeting minutes
The BRQG April 19, 2021, meeting was held via Zoom. Betsy Muir, president, welcomed the group of over 30 members and our guest speaker, Pam Goggans, from Sager Creek Quilts in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
Nora Slikkers, program co-chair, gave the group information about our May 17 meeting when Pam Goggans will conduct an all-day workshop class for the quilt Tribute via Zoom. Nora noted that members need to sign up via the registration form on the BRQG website, call Nora indicating they are planning to attend (as mail can be slow), and send the $50 payment (check made out to Big Red Quilt Guild) to Nora for the class, pattern, V-block tool, and laminated technique sheet. Nora’s phone number: 479-957-7460; mailing address: 5228 147th Ave., Holland, MI 49423.
Nora also indicated that our August program is Rayna Gilams. She will be conducting two workshops. Members can find registration forms on the BRQG website. October will bring a class by Coleen Merte. Information will soon be posted on the BRQG website for this as well.
Pam Goggams then presented a trunk show of quilts from her studio, including the use of various Deb Tucker tools with a variety of quilt blocks: Tucker Trimmer for half-square triangles and hourglass blocks, Wing Clipper for flying geese blocks, Square Squared, V-block, Corner Beam, Split Rectangles, Diamond Rectangles, Four Patch Square-up, Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star, Wedge Star, and Star 60. She explained that the technique sheets for each tool give information for additional quilt blocks.
See the BRQG website for Pam’s special offer to BRQG members for ordering these various tools by April 28 via a phone call to her studio. No tax or shipping charges will apply as Nora Slikkers will pick them up and bring them back for delivery to the BRQG members who place orders. Remember to call Nora as well as sending Nora your check and order form for the May class, pattern, tool, and technique sheet for the quilt Tribute.
Meeting ended at 8:15 p.m.
2021 March 31 Meeting Minutes
Big Red Quilt Guild Meeting
March 31, 2021
Betsy welcomed the BRQG members via Zoom at 7:00 p.m. She reminded members that our
August 16 meeting will feature Rayna Gillman’s lecture to be followed August 17 and 18 with
Gillman’s workshops: Cinderella and No Strings Attached. Betsy encouraged BRQG members
to sign up for these workshops as soon as the information goes out as these 25-participant
workshops will also be opened later for other area quilt guild members.
Kris Kennedy and Betsy then showed the members two Easter projects to make for holding
Easter candy, toys or other treats: bunny bags and carrot drawstring bags. Patterns may be
found at http://www.stitchedbycrystal.com on Crystal’s March 2013 blog. Such easy-to-make and
delightfully cute projects!
Then Kris introduced each of the Challenge Fabric participants, who showed the various
projects each had made with the green fabric incorporated into their pieces:
- Mary Botsis – Shamrock table runner from design by WeAllSew.com
- Nancy Miller – Owl and Pussycat in a pea-green boat
- Ann Prins – several spring-themed blocks in a small quilt designed by Ann
- Mary Voss – four-block table runner combining green with yellow and blue fabrics
- Barb Sucher – one-inch squares of green in wreath design combined with a charm pack of spring-colors in a table topper
- Barb Bredemeier – Bible cover of green with a large butterfly applique and a table runner she designed
- Lorelle Eberly – hummingbird small quilt from Go Wild with Quilts by Margaret Rolfe
- Shirley Jones – table runner from It’s a Small World design and a small quilt
- Bridget Morel – Lady bugs and tulips with the leaves and stems of the green fabric
- Colleen Dekker – baby quilt from More Quilts for Babies, an off-center log cabin design
- Kay Salisbury – placemats with vintage trailer print and green, red, and blue borders
- Carol Vinnedge – Fred the Frog from Frogalicious pattern, a Java House pattern and a bird house quilt project
- Nora Slikkers – green fabric in each of 28 blocks designed by Circles of the East
- Janet Haines – green fabric in half-square triangles combined with improv trees and birds from the Spring Is in the Air bird pattern from Living Threads, worked into her own quilt design, which she calls The Birds Keep Singing.
- Kathy Ryzenga – hostess wine bag and cornerstones in Traffic Jam design by Pat Sloan
- Nancy Yetman – green fabric in sampler quilt blocks and in three-block table runner
- Betsy Muir – colorful pieced tulips in Totally Tulips designed by Missouri Star
- Kris Kennedy – table topper in a design Kris had drawn out
The challenge group were truly creative with a wide variety of projects using the green fabric!
Betsy closed the meeting at 8:20 p.m. by wishing everyone a Blessed Easter.
Lorelle Eberly, secretary
Note from the webmaster. Look for a gallery of these projects soon on the Free Fabulous Fabric Challenge page which I will also link to the home page for a short time.