Hello and Happy New Year to each of you! We wanted to share reminders, notes and updates to get your Guild Year started! So settle in for a bit of a read and keep this email handy!
- Bring your own project, hand or machine, or work on preparing quilt kits for charity.
- Our Charity Quilts committee will have patterns and materials (freshly sorted and updated!) available.
- Vicki Potgeter from Project Linus will tell us more about this program, beginning at 7 pm.
- The Guild will be working with Project Linus to bring quilts to seriously ill and traumatized children, ages 0-18 years. All types of blankets are welcome: quilts, tied comforters, fleece blankets, crochet or knitted afghans and receiving blankets.
- For Children: 36” x 36” to 40” x 40″
- For Teens: 40” x 60” and 60” x 70”
- We will continue to work with Manasseh Project through Wedgewood Christian Services to aid the rescued teens from human trafficking. 20 to 25 quilts needed per year.
- Size: 48” x 60” (or larger).
- Block of Every Other Month Guild Challenge. Participants continue their hard work on this project, with the next block due at the February 17 meeting. Don’t forget to bring your completed blocks to the Meeting for the drawing! Website link is: https://bigredquiltersguild.org/block-of-every-other-month-guild-challenge/ which will have the link to the Moda block posted shortly after each meeting.