General meeting, Monday, June 26, 2017
• President Pat Navis opened the meeting at 7:00 and welcomed everyone including speaker Sandy Klop, members and 11 guests.
• Lighthouse Guild is sponsoring a bus to the Fall Paducah show. More info will follow.
• We are still in need of a few tables for the lodge. If you’d like to donate see Pat Navis.
• Mary Botsis reported The Holland Police Department Crisis Unit has received 40 quilts. Members voted to split the remaining quilts between Holland Rescue Mission (each child gets a quilt and stuffed animal) and Resthaven dementia unit. Group quilting dates will be resumed in September (dates TBD).
• Refreshments – if your birthday falls in July or August be sure to sign up at the window during our break when you grab your cookies or beverage.
Kathy Meuller/Programs – Mark your calendars so you don’t miss these upcoming events:
• Tuesday, June 27 – Sandy Klop wheel class 10-4pm in the lodge, still a few openings
• Monday, July 24 – 6:30 PM Sew in at Beechwood Church Lodge (NOTE NEW TIME CHANGE)
• Monday, August 28 – 6:30 PM refreshments, 7:00 PM Tim Latimer, award winning collector and quilter
• Monday, September 25 – Rummage/Bake & Auction at Beechwood Church Lodge. Be thinking of items to donate, and friends to invite
• Monday, October 23 – Linda Thiefoldt machine quilter, trunk show and workshop
• CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS! Kathy is looking for someone to volunteer to lead the PROGRAMS team next year, as her board term ends in October. Kris Kennedy will stay on supporting the leader.
The guild is pleased to welcome speaker SANDY KLOP, quilter/designer of American Jane Fabric for MODA. Sandy, now a resident of California, shared her love of quilting, and her journey from quilter to designer, and how her designs are influenced by authentic Dutch costume fabrics she grew up around in her native Holland, Michigan. Sandy is teaching WAGON WHEELS, a full day workshop Tuesday at the Beechwood Lodge.
Show & Tell:
Thank you to all guild members for sharing their beautiful inspiring quilts this evening.
Raffle gifts were generously donated by:
Gall Sewing/Plainfield – fat quarters
Abbi May’s Quilt Shop/Muskegon – layer cake stack
Pat thanked everyone and dismissed about 8:45 PM
Barb Schippa (filling in for Sally Zena, Big Red Quilters Guild Secretary)