BIG RED QUILTERS’ GUILD
NOVEMBER 27, 2017
BEECHWOOD CHURCH LODGE
Following refreshments and fellowship, President Barb Bredemeier opened the meeting at 7:00 pm.
New members and guests were introduced.
1. RAFFLE BASKET: The first name drawn for the raffle basket at the October meeting, Cynthia Lindsley, was absent at the time of the raffle and the basket was awarded to the second name drawn, Ann Prins. Board members decided to do a second basket for Cynthia, which she received tonight. In the future, raffle winners need not be present to win.
2. REFRESHMENT COORDINATOR: The need for a Refreshment Coordinator was announced and a sign-up sheet for refreshments was circulated.
3. FEBRUARY 27 LECTURE AND February 28 WORKSHOP WITH SUE CORTESE: There is still space available in the class on half-square triangles which will be 6 hours of class time with professional guidance to create something modern. Cost for the class is $35 for members and $45 for non-members.
4. NATIONAL QUILT DAY: Barb Schippa is putting together a full day retreat to be held at
Beechwood Lodge March 17, 2018, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm. Cost for the day is $25 and includes
lunch, games, time to work on your own projects and some surprises. An optional 3 hour class will be available for an additional $45 – French Cartonnage Sewing Kit taught by Claudia Spuio of Color Ways Studio and Etsy.
5. NAME TAGS: Members were encouraged to order name tags ($15). Wearing them to meetings makes it so much easier to make new friends!
One group of 6 and one group of 10 showed their (mostly) completed, beautiful Round Robin projects which they have been working on during the past year. There was a marvelous variety of themes and colors: Civil War, Wild Fabrics, Christmas, Fall (no Halloween), Woodland Garden, Tell About Yourself, 4 th of July, Beach Cottage, No Longer than 4 Feet (mix of piecing and applique) and Day of the Dead. Be sure to check our facebook page for photos.
FABRIC POST CARDS
Members Dee Dee Hanson and Kathy Mueller led a hands on workshop on how to make fabric postcards that can actually be mailed. Kathy showed several she has made over the years and Dee Dee generously shared some of her gorgeous hand dyed fabrics. All present went home inspired and grateful for the talented teachers within our group.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm.
Sally Zenas, Secretary
NO MEETING IN DECEMBER
SEW IN AT THE BEECHWOOD LODGE JANUARY 22, 2018 – 6:30