Big Red Quilt Guild
June 25, 2018
Beechwood Church – Holland, MI
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 by Barb Bredemeier, President.
The following announcements were made:
- The BRQG Ultimate Challenge Butterflies Are Blooming quilts were accepted in the AQS show and will be shown August 22 – 25, 2018 in Grand Rapids.
- Jane Sassaman will be coming to BRQG in 2019. She is featured on the cover of the Summer 2018 issue of American Quilter magazine.
- Information about a BRQG T-shirt fundraiser will be coming soon.
- Vicky Gray has agreed to be the new Refreshment Coordinator.
- The September 24 meeting will be a Silent Auction and Gift Boutique fund raiser. Members were asked to donate their creative endeavors. Betsy Muir has donation forms. The event will be open to the public and there will be no guest charge.
- A Member Survey was distributed. The BRQG Board will use this information when planning for future events.
- Sign up forms for the August 28, 2018 Bill Kerr class were available. The guest fee for his lecture August 27, 2018 will be $10.
Guest Lecturer, Sue Pawlowski from Jack Squares Studio, showed her many beautiful quilts and shared her quilting journey. Monday’s lecture will be followed with a workshop on Tuesday where students will learn her techniques to make her Stuffed Olives hexi quilt. For further inspiration, visit her website: www.JackSquaresStudio.com.
Nine members shared their recently finished projects.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.
Sally Zenas, Secretary
Next Meeting: Monday July 23, Sew – In at Beechwood Lodge – 6:30 pm
Note from Janet – Membership Chair – 57 members & 6 visitors attended