Greetings Big Red Quilters’ Guild!
Just a note to say “hello” and to remind everyone that we have a great meeting lined up for Monday, July 19! We hope you can join us and catch up with friends and maybe find a little fresh inspiration!
Here are the nuggets you need to know!
Who: Members (and friends of quilting)
What: Monthly meeting PLUS a program with Kathy Jones from New Era, MI, who will share her trunk show, “Mixing It Up”, which reflects her world travels.
When: Monday, July 19, 6:30 pm social time, 7 pm meeting and program
Where: Tiara Yachts, 725 E 40th St, Holland, MI 49423 (enter from 40th St., park in the lot–yes, even in the “reserved” spots…). We will be meeting indoors, so you do NOT need to bring a chair! Bring a water bottle (or whatever) if you’d like a beverage during the evening.
Why: Because you LOVE quilting and are anxious to learn more!How (much): Program is free for members, $5 for guests.
Other things to know:
- Show ‘n Tell: We will have time set aside for show ‘n tell on Monday, and because we KNOW everyone has much to share, please bring only one or two of your recent projects–we will keep chipping away at this until we’ve caught up on everyone’s hard work!
- Paper Pieced “Sisterhood” blocks: Patterns and directions will be available, one per person, at the meeting so that everyone has the chance to make a contribution to our quilt! (It’s so cute!!!)
- Retreat update: We have a couple of spots open for our September 21-23 guild retreat at Tiara’s Corporate Center on Lake Macatawa. If you are interested in joining us, contact Barb Bredemeier for details at 626 212-6078 or email@example.com .
- Virtual Quilt Show: The Lighthouse Quilt Guild is showing their quilts this year online as part of the Coast Guard Festival and will not be doing an in-person show. Please enjoy scrolling through the show this year by going to Lighthousequilters.org and clicking on the link on the front page. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite 3! (Note: this show is not yet live, but appears to align with the Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven, July 30-August 8.)
- Placemats for Meals on Wheels: Link to an info sheet with the particulars is on the website. Pressing Matters Quilt Shop has kindly agreed to act as our drop-off spot for placemats and has already received some finished placemats! Thank you to Pressing Matters and to the early quilters for their submissions!
Hoping you are able to be with us on Monday. More to come by email soon! Until then, remember you can always visit our website (link below) for information about what is going on…and coming up! (with sincere thanks to our webmaster, Janet Haines!)
Take good care,